HERE’S SOME IDEAS –
TOOT YOUR HORN!
• Offer assistance even though you were not asked
• Prepare – Prepare – Prepare – this goes for meetings, reports, questions/answers and if you don’t know, research and find out!
• Meet your deadlines. Arrive early, stay late-create efficiencies to save time.
• Your attitude – it should be positive. Even if you don’t feel like doing it, just go with the flow and help out.
• Perform the work right the first time. Double and triple check making sure you are not making careless mistakes.
• Be committed – offer up creative ideas to get the job done.
OFFER TO TAKE ON MORE!
• Demonstrate that you want to grow and learn. This may include working longer hours, tackling a new software program on your own, building cohesive as a team to get the work done.
MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE STARS!
• Watch and learn what they are doing right and assist them or forge your own plan.
BALANCING YOUR LIFE!
• Listen intently. Show initiative. Take the necessary time to learn all you can from your colleagues and peers.
• Your work ethic should be the same for all tasks you are asked to do. This will enable you to demonstrate teamwork and sensibility.
SHOW THAT YOU ARE AMBITIOUS!
• Make sure that when you come up with the ingenious idea, you receive due credit, but if you make a small mistake, also own up to it. This will reinforce your honesty and integrity.
MAKE A PLAN!
• Devise a plan. Find out what skills you need to move up. Acquire them, if it’s a new software program-there are many online programs. Take additional classes.
• Once you feel you have accomplished all that you had set out to do, plan to discuss with your Manager. Explain to them that you took it upon